It wasn't a poodle

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

And It Is Only Tuesday...

So here is my week so far...
Sunday: Not too bad, although I was working on about 5 1/2 hours of sleep before I had to get up and teach my yoga class (see the blonde moment post). I was tired this day also and it showed when I went to turn off the lights to the room only to realize as I went to go out the door that the lights were already off...
Monday: Here is where it starts to go bad. I had a $25 coupon for Staples and needed to buy more computer paper. So I hopped in the Jetta and drove to Staples, found the paper I wanted, lugged the box to the register (I hadn't used a cart), and discovered that the $25 coupon I had in my hand at home was no longer with me! So I left the store to drive home and get it. While on my way home, I stopped at the bank's drive-in. While sitting there a light came on the dash and a buzz sounded. I pulled out the Jetta's book and it said I shouldn't drive the car if this happened! So I turned the car off, then back on, and the oil pressure light was off. I drove home, parked the car in the street so I could take the van out of the driveway - because now I was afraid to drive the Jetta - and drove back to Staples, bought the paper, and came back home. Went to bed early because I had a migraine.
Tuesday: I woke up early because I went to bed so early. I started doing some work and it is a lovely day outside. At about 8:45 am Tommy came in the house and said he had something to show me outside. He took me to the driver's side of the Jetta and the rear door was smashed in as well as the window! At first I thought it was the vandals we have had on the street at night because the house next door has been getting egged. Then I thought maybe the garbage truck had hit it. But he said our neighbor - whom we like very much, by the way - was backing out of her driveway to take her kids to school, and she slammed into the car.

Okay, so I have to bring the car for an estimate. As an aside - we have had this car for 16 months and this is the fourth time it has been in the auto body shop - each side of the car has now had or will have work done on it. I get an estimate - and a fake estimate for $1,055,655 to show my neighbor. JOKE. (She has to pay out of pocket for the repair - another story!) Then I have to bring the car to the Volkswagon dealer so they can change the oil and see why the light came on. I got there at 1:20 pm, he said it would be about an hour so I said I would wait. I walked down to Wendy's and got my lunch, came back and waited. At 2:20 he said they couldn't find anything wrong for the light to come on, but they should flush the engine, I said okay. He also said it needed a tune-up ($480 - I will schedule another time!) - I said do the flush and how much longer. He said about 1/2 hour. Fine. That would bring me to around 2:50 - at 3:30 I am still there! I ask if the car is done - oh, about 20 more minutes - what, I was told 1/2 hour at 2:20! Oh, wait and I will find out. Well, why don't you pay and then tell them to page the "quality control' guy and he will bring the car around for you. Fine, I will do that. Page the guy - no answer. Wait...page again...no answer...he finally comes...oh I just brought that to be washed. I said, "Washed, there is plastic over the window - the water will get inside - I don't think it needs to be washed!" Okay, then you don't want it washed? I finally got in the car at 3:56 pm!!! And it is only Tuesday!

SNL Visitors at the White House

The History of Red Bank

SNL Clips

Commercials I Like

Cat Video