It wasn't a poodle

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Gas Station Attendant

You know how it goes - you are in a hurry and something always manages to slow you down! Last night I decided to get gas before I drove to Oceanport to drop something off. So I went to the Red Bank Raceway (my first mistake because I don't like how you have to get in and out of the station) to fill the car up - it was on empty.

The attendant could only speak a few words of English, but so what, right? He only needed to know that I wanted to fill up the tank with regular. I gave him my credit card and he filled up the tank. But when he tried to print out the receipt, he couldn't. He came to the window with my credit card in his hand and this was the conversation:
Attendant: ...the card...not working...
Me: The card's not working? Do you need a different one?
Attendant: (as he is pointing to the fuel pump)...not working...go inside...

(this was getting like the urban legend where the attendant says there is something wrong with your card and you need to come with him - then he tells you there is a mass murderer hiding in your back seat!)

Me: I said, "you need me to go inside?"
Attendant:...right back
So I waited in my car while he went inside. He returned with a receipt for $20 in his hand (my gas was $36.25)
Attendant:...(he shows me the receipt and point to the fuel pump)...my friend...fix
Now he went inside again with another attendant. When they came out, he had the original $20 receipt, another receipt for $36.25, and a $20 bill. The other attendant explained that the pump was working, but the man didn't know how to work it. So they charged the correct amount, gave me both receipts, and refunded the $20 in cash.

15 minutes after I arrived, I finally left the station!

SNL Visitors at the White House

The History of Red Bank

SNL Clips

Commercials I Like

Cat Video