It wasn't a poodle

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Beach Club Rejects


If I win millions in the lottery, one of the things I would do is buy a beach club in Sea Bright and rename it "Beach Club Rejects".

I went to a beach club for many years...from the time I was 14 up until the summer of 2004. At that time we had decided that the expense involved had gotten way out of hand and the club had gone pretty much downhill each summer. So you paid more and received less. We gave up our membership. The first summer after that I went to the beach twice - in Long Branch. Last summer I never made it to the beach at all. Today Tommy and I went to Sea Bright Public Beach (right next door to our old club) and had a wonderful day. That's when I came up with the idea of "Beach Club Rejects".

To become a member, you must first be disgusted with your current beach club - enough to give up your membership. This new club would be more of a co-op club, that is that the membership fees would be just enough to cover the costs involved in running the club, while not making a profit. After all, I just won the lottery, didn't I? Then we can make the owners of the "for profit" clubs cringe when they hear that their members left for a club by the name of "Beach Club Rejects".

SNL Visitors at the White House

The History of Red Bank

SNL Clips

Commercials I Like

Cat Video