It wasn't a poodle

Monday, December 24, 2007

No Whopper? Whopper Freakout

I'm sure you've all seen the Burger King commercials where they tell the customers that they no longer sell Whoppers. I think it is funny (click on the link above to see the complete video). But when you think of it, it seems that the Whopper was the beginning of the fattening of America. I am old enough (unfortunately) to remember when the Whopper debuted. The biggest fast food burger we had seen prior to the debut was the Big Mac. This in itself was way too big. We were used to eating the regular sized burger. Remember burger, fries, and soft drink for under a dollar? Well, then came along the Whopper. I can remember having it sit in front of me and thinking, "How am I ever going to eat all that?" That's the way it still should be, but we are all so used to super-sizing that the regular burger seems like a snack. Just something to think about...

SNL Visitors at the White House

The History of Red Bank

SNL Clips

Commercials I Like

Cat Video